Addiction Treatment With Hypnotherapy
Milardo Wellness Centre offers a unique, non-residential drug addiction recovery program. We combine recovery coaching and hypnotherapy with a caring, sympathetic and personal approach. All sessions are one on one and we aim to help you draw a line under your past, focus on the reality of now, and support you in taking practical steps to beat your addiction and build a happy, sustainable recovery.
We believe that real recovery is not about surrendering power, it is about reclaiming it. Recovery is an active process; it is about taking back control of your life and establishing new ways of living, managing situations and finding fulfillment without recourse to take drugs or other addictive behaviours.
How can Hypnosis help Addiction Recovery?
Hypnosis is a powerful tool that helps you create changes in your life in a short time. Although drug addiction is generally more complex than stop smoking, Hypnosis can help you in a number of ways. You can desensitise triggers, reduce cravings, as well as managing underlying emotional distress, trauma and depression. Addiction can be very deeply ingrained: it forms part of the picture you hold of yourself, becoming part of your identity. Hypnosis is a way of reaching and changing these underlying pictures. Hypnosis can make you feel better without drugs and reduce the effects of withdrawal and in time, creating a sense of wholeness.
Why Recovery Coaching?
While Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool in addiction recovery, the combination with Recovery & Life Coaching enhances the effectiveness and increases the likelihood of successful recovery.
Unlike traditional psychotherapy, we do not spend a lot of time going back into your past why you are the way you are. After a while, an addiction has a life of its own, independent of its original cause. Instead of childhood origin, we will get to the root cause of your present addictive behaviour.
This is action-based coaching that helps you implement a personalized, step-by-step strategy for managing the behaviours that currently undermine your quality of life.
Isn’t a Residential Program More Effective?
It depends on the person. Some people undoubtedly need the strict regime of a residential rehab. In reality, most people don’t.
- Avoid the stigma of addiction. Disclosure of addiction can cause major problems with employers, co-workers, friends and family. Regrettably these attitudes prevent many people from seeking treatment. Milardo Wellness Centre assures absolute discretion and because we treat various issues besides addiction, no one will find out that you have a drug problem at all.
- Minimum disruption to your life. Few of us can afford 4 to 12 weeks off work, or want to be away from family and loved ones. Whenever possible we will attempt to make our sessions fit in within your working and family routines and can offer evening and weekend appointments.
- Learn to stay clean in the real environment. While rehab centres seem promising in the short term, many people attending residential rehabs relapse when they return home because they never had a chance to practice the coping skills they learned in rehab in the real environment.
Summary of MWC Recovery Program
- Complete confidentiality. No one will know you are seeing an addiction professional and no one will be privy to what actually goes on in each session.
- Individualized, one-on-one sessions without a judgment, moralistic or religious agenda.
- The number of sessions required is based on your personal needs and your addiction treatment goals.
- We are on call as needed in times of crises, in addition to your scheduled sessions.
- Acquired skills that empower you and foster greater self-confidence.
- No public meetings or group sessions are required.
- No specific spirituality or belief is necessary.
For more Information on addiction treatment with hypnotherapy, or to schedule an appointment
please call 604-669-9699